Sunday 1 June 2008

Bernie Berlin-gesso and magazine image tecnique




I belong to a yahoo group and the latest tutorial was the Bernie Berlin gesso and magazine image tecnique.


You take an image from magazine but I believe you can use all sorts of images from other places,adhere the image to card stock (I used pva) Gel medium was the desired stuff to use but i had none!.....wait to dry,then using white gesso(I used weak white emulsion) paint over image in a criss cross fashion and let dry. Once dry use perm marker/pen pencil to sketch over lines and add on what else you would like add to your artwork............You can then use pastels-paints-pencils-chalks to colour your new image and your imagination can go wild!




Here's my first two attempts




6 comments:

Angie said...

Great images Jinny, you have made them very glamorous.

Jan said...

Brilliant images Jinny - you've got it spot on. Beautiful transformations

Genie said...

Lovely work Jinny

John Dyhouse said...

Love these images and the potential, I think I will enjoy this project (thanks for the tutorial Ange) and hope to be posting some more images using this technique soon, John

Jinny Holt said...

Thanks for all your comments I really appreciate them x

A - Zinnia Productions said...

Very Beautiful!